Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 minutes to prove
- Serves 8
Easy bake rolls by hand, no need for a mixing machine.
- 500g strong flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 14g fast action dried yeast
- 2 tsb sugar
- 300ml warm water
- Butter or margarine for greasing
- Baking tray
- STEP 1Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, add the yeast and sugar and mix well. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and add the warm water. Mix to form a soft dough, tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- STEP 2Divide the dough into 8 pieces and with your hands shape the pieces into rolls, place the individual rolls onto the greased baking tray as you go and cover with a clean damp tea towel when finished.
- STEP 3Allow to prove for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- STEP 4Bake the rolls at 220°c in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they are golden and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Allow to cool before adding your favourite filling.