- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 5
A great pudding using fresh lemons and a lovely lemon sauce which can be served with ice cream.
- 4oz (100g) Self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 40Z (100g) Butter or Margarine
- 40z (100g) Castor sugar
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 Eggs
- About 1-2 tablespoons milk
For The Sauce,
- 2 level tablespoons cornflour
- 4oz (100g) Castor sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 375F (190C) or Gas 4.
- STEP 2Grease a baking dish or a pie dish generously.
- STEP 3Sift the flour and salt on a plate, then cream the butter or margarine, sugar and grated lemon rind into a mixing bowl until it is soft and light. Crack the eggs and place the eggs into a separate bowl and beat them with a fork. Next, cream them into the mixture but before you place the last bit of the egg into the mixing bowl sift a little flour in.
- STEP 4Then fold the remaining flour into the mixture and add the milk.
- STEP 5Spoon the mixture into the baking dish or the pie dish evenually, then set aside while making the sauce.
- STEP 6For the sauce,
- STEP 7Place the cornflour and the sugar in a small bowl. You make the lemon juice by getting the juice out of 1 lemon then you place the lemon juice in a jug. Then fill hot water up to 1/2 pint mark or (300ml) then you add the liquid to the cornflour mixture and mix.
- STEP 8Finally, you pour the lemon sauce over the cake mixture and place the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
- STEP 9During the baking of the lemon pudding the sause will sink to the bottom and thicken. Serve hot.