ROASTED DUCK WITH CABBAGE
- Preparation and cooking time
- Let the duck come to room temperature before you put it in the hot pan.
- Serves 2
A beautiful tasting combination of perfectly cooked duck with Cabbage, spice and saltiness. Perfect.
- 2 medium duck breasts (or legs)
- ½ small winter cabbage, core removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 77g Pancetta
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 200ºC (gas mark 6). Heat a heavy frying pan with an ovenproof handle over a medium heat. When hot, add the duck breasts (or legs), skin-side down, and cook until golden. Turn them skin-side up and transfer to the oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- STEP 2Thinly shred the cabbage with a sharp knife. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the Pancetta, garlic and chilli and sauté gently for 3 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the cabbage and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until it has softened. Add 10 tbsp of water to the pan and put on the lid. Reduce the heat a little and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the cabbage has softened but still has a slight crunch. Season to taste. Divide between two plates and top with the duck breasts (or legs).