Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spiced squash and nut soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A hearty yet healthy soup with lots of flavour.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 white onions
- 1 red chilli
- small handful of coriander
- 1 stock cube (vegetable or chicken) made up to 1 litre
- 1- 2 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp of natural yoghurt (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Preheat an oven to 200C.
- STEP 2Cut the butternut squash and onions roughly in
- STEP 3cubes. (approx 4-5cm)
- STEP 4Place in a ovenproof dish with half the chilli sliced finely and roast for approx 20-25mins or until soft and tender.
- STEP 5Put the vegetables in a blender with half the stock, blend adding the remaining stock and peanut butter until you achieve your preferred consistency (I stopped when the soup resembled thick cream) add salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 6Serve with the remaining chilli sliced thinly, coriander roughly chopped, drizzled with yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon.