- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Super tasty, can be adapted for seafood, chicken or vegatable. -If adding seafood (raw) add within last 7mins of cooking -Can replace chicken with artichokes and grilled aubergines, add in last 5 minutes.
- 5 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 spanish onion (finely chopped)
- half a chorizo sausage (sliced into coins)
- small handful of fresh thyme
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 500g paella rice
- 2 small red peppers (diced)
- frozen peas
- 2 bull tomatoes (diced)
- A handful of fresh parsley chopped
- chicken stock cube
- 6 chicken thighs (skin removed and cut into large chunks)
- juice of a small lemon
- STEP 1Heat some olive oil in a pan and add garlic, chilli and onion, fry on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the thyme and chorizo cook until onion is soft and chorizo has released its oil. Add chicken thighs and turn up the heat cook for 3mins until chicken is browned on the outside. Boil the kettle and dissolve stock cube in water.
- STEP 3Add rice, paprika and tumeric, cook until rice is coated in oil. Add one third of the stock and stir, add pepper. Keep adding stock when the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- STEP 4After 15mins add the peppers with the remaining stock.
- STEP 5After 5-10mins add the peas, bull tomatoes and juice of a lemon, if adding prawns, add now.
- STEP 6Add parsley, stir and serve with a wedge of fresh lemon.