Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 20 minutes Chilling time
- Makes 10-12
These buttery, melt in the mouth shortbreads are an utter dreamy delight! Packed with milk chocolate chunks and sprinkled with plenty of sparkly caster sugar, they beat the supermarket versions hands down!
- 250g plain flour
- 85g caster sugar
- 40g semolina
- 190g cold butter
- 100g milk chocolate chips or chunks
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 180°c/160°c Fan/Mark 4 and line two baking sheets with grease proof paper.
- STEP 2Put the flour, sugar, semolina and butter in a bowl and using your finger tips, rub everything together to form breadcrumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips and the use your hands to squash everything together into a dough. You may need a splash of milk to help it stick.
- STEP 3Shape the dough into an oblong around 1.5cm thick and cut into squares roughly 5cm by 5cm. I like to round the corners with my hands so they have a softer, more homemade look. Place the shortbreads on the trays, leaving 3cm between each one. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- STEP 4Once chilled, bake the shortbreads for 10-15mins or until golden at the edges. Sprinkle with caster sugar and allow to cool and firm up before eating. Enjoy!