Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Lovely recipe for an easy bake. A classic sweet treat, and brilliant warm after a long day at work.
- 140g Self raising flour
- 140g plain flour
- 140g sugar
- 140g margerine
- nearly 1 egg
- 20g cocoa / hot chocolate powder
- vanilla essence
- STEP 1Melt the fat in the saucepan and add the vanilla essence.
- STEP 2Mix the sugar, cocoa and flour. Add the melted fat and beat in the egg.
- STEP 3Press into a greased tin (about half an inch thick).
- STEP 4Brush the top with water and sprinkle with sugar for a crunchy, sugary coat on the top.
- STEP 5Bake in a slow oven for about thirty minutes
- STEP 6Serve warm with custard or on its own.