Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fiiiiery Mac & Cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Everyone loves mac and cheese, but its time to turn up the heat on a classic comfort dish with the Rubies in the Rubble Fiery Tomato Ketchup
- 350g Macaroni or other tubular pasta
- 1-2 tbs of Rubies in the Rubble Fiery Tomato Ketchup
- 250g Grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 45g Butter
- 3 tbs Flour
- 250ml Whole milk
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 50g Grated Parmasan cheese
- STEP 1Pre heat the oven to 200ºC.
- STEP 2Make a roux by melting the butter in a large ovenproof saucepan over a low heat. Add the flour and turn the heat up to medium, stirring all the time, until you get a paste. Turn down the heat and gradually add the milk, whilst sill stirring. Add the cheese, mustard and Rubies Fiery Tomato Ketchup.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente in a pot of salted boiling water for about 8 minuets. Or as long as indicated on the packet. Drain the pasta
- STEP 4Combine the pasta and the roux together into a ovenproof dish, adding half a tablespoon liberally throughout. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and the grated Parmesan cheese. Back for 40 minuets or until brown.
- STEP 5Serve with finely chopped fresh parsley.