Morning Fuel Pancakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Morning fuel pancakes made with freshly blitzed quinoa flour!
- 1 cup + 1 table spoon quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup milk, I used goats but any will do
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Maple syrup & streaky bacon to serve
- STEP 1Blitz a packet of quinoa in a Vitamix blender until you have a fine flour. If you don’t have one of these blenders, that’s fine you can buy quinoa flour from most supermarkets now.
- STEP 2Put the quinoa flour, baking powder, milk & eggs into a bowl. Whisk until the batter is smooth and resembles the pancake batter we all know and love.
- STEP 3Heat about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- STEP 4When the oil is hot enough add the pancake batter, you should have enough room to get 3 American sized pancakes in each pan.
- STEP 5When bubbles start to form on the top of the pancakes, flip them over and cook for a few minutes on the other side.
- STEP 6Take 2 per person and serve with streaky bacon, topped with a drizzle of maple syrup.