Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
These are a super tasty brunch option - the harissa butter really spices things up.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed to a paste
- 500g thick Greek yoghurt
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1-2 tsp harissa paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 8 eggs
- 100 ml white vinegar
- 1 tbsp dill, to garnish
- STEP 1Mix the garlic with the yoghurt and half the olive oil, then put it aside.
- STEP 2In a small pan cook the butter until it becomes a pale beurre noisette, a nutty brown colour Take off the heat and add the harissa and swirl the pan gently to allow them to sizzle.
- STEP 3Add the remaining olive oil and put the mixture to one side, keeping it warm.
- STEP 4Add the vinegar to a deep pan of rapidly simmering water and poach the eggs.
- STEP 5To serve, divide the garlic yoghurt between the four bowls. Place two poached eggs on each bowl, then top with a few spoonfuls of harissa butter. Sprinkle with a little dill.