Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Shallot, dolcelatte & asparagus tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
My healthy, vegetarian tart is sure to warm up anyone on a cold winters day but also good for a picnic in the summer!
- 16 peeled and halved shallots
- 150g asparagus tips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 320g puff pastry
- 100g cubed dolcelatte cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius / 180 degrees fan / gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- STEP 3Add the shallots and asparagus tips to a bowl and toss in the oil and cook for 3 minutes in the pan until softening and browning. Remove the asparagus if it cooks quicker than the shallots.
- STEP 4Add the balsamic vinegar and allow it to bubble and coat the shallots and asparagus. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 5Unroll the pastry and put on the tray. Using a sharp knife, score a 2.5 cm border around the pastry edges and prick the middle with a fork several times.
- STEP 6Spoon the mixture on inside the border and top with the cheese.
- STEP 7Brush the edges with the egg and bake for 15-20 minutes.