Tuna, asparagus & white bean salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- 2 x cans yellowfin tuna steaks in water, drained
- 2 x cans cannellini beans in water, drained
- 1 red onion , very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tarragon , finely chopped
- STEP 1
Cook the asparagus in a large pan of boiling water for 4-5 mins until tender. Drain well, cool under running water, then cut into finger-length pieces. Toss together the tuna, beans, onion, capers and asparagus in a large serving bowl.
- STEP 2
Mix the oil, vinegar and tarragon together, then pour over the salad. Chill until ready to serve.