Artichoke and Butterbean Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2-3 Servings
Creamy, comforting soup perfect for winter nights.
- 200g jarred artichokes in oil
- 1x 400g can butterbeans
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1.5l vegetable stock
- Few cloves garlic, peeled
- Handful fresh parsley
- STEP 1Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. Heat 1tbsp of the oil from the artichokes and fry the potatoes and garlic for 2 minutes, before adding the stock.
- STEP 2Drain the artichokes and the butterbeans. Puree together half of the amount, reserving the rest, using a hand blender or food processor. Add a little water to the puree if it becomes too thick. Add to the soup and stir, continuing to boil for a further 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 3Chop the remaining artichokes into smaller chunks, and also chop the parsley.
- STEP 4When the potatoes are very soft, blend the soup. Once blended, add the remaining butterbeans, chopped artichokes and parsley, and return to a low heat for a further 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 5Serve the soup in bowls and enjoy with buttered crusty bread.