Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Light Chocolate Raisin Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- 3-4 minutes for a perfect crown (Optional)
- Makes Makes 15 muffins
Get your day started with these heavy but light textured muffins filled with raisin joy!
- 150g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 egg
- 50ml Milk
- 3tsp cocoa powder
- 150g butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g raisins
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 150 degrees/ Gas Mark 2. Grease 12 muffin tins or 15 muffin cases with butter.
- STEP 2In a bowl, put in the flour and egg. In another separate bowl, put in the butter and sugar, and mix until blended.
- STEP 3In the butter and sugar mix, pour in the powder. And mix until a light brown colour comes in. Pour into the flour and egg mix and add the milk.
- STEP 4Whisk until the mixture is near creamy and there are little lumps. Then add the raisins. Whisk again until the mixture is creamy and there are no lumps.
- STEP 5Fill the muffin tins or cases 2/3 of the way. For the best results, leave the batter for 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 6Put the tins/muffin cases in the oven, and bake for 15-25 minutes.