Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1-2 minutes to cool
- Makes 3 dozen cookies
These cookies are delightfully chewy, with a soft fluffy inside, and a crunchy outside, and mouth-watering choc chips in every bite!!
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flower
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of unsalted room temperature butter
- 1/2 a cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 2Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- STEP 3Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- STEP 4Enjoy your cookies, maybe with a mug of warm or cool milk? Enjoy!