Cheat's Banana Loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- 15 minutes to cool off
- Makes 1 loaf
Delicious and moist banana loaf with a healthier twist. Sugar free, low in fat and whole wheat.
- 1 3/4 cups (225 gr) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas medium/large
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a loaf pan with a bit of coconut oil
- STEP 2In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and mix together.
- STEP 3In another mixing bowl beat the eggs then add the oil and yoghurt and mix together well.
- STEP 4Mash the bananas and add to the egg/oil/yoghurt mixture and again mix well.
- STEP 5Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and again mix everything thoroughly until you have a moist and consistent batter, also add the blueberries if using.
- STEP 6Pour batter into the greased pan and decorate with walnuts, cinnamon, banana slices, or leave plain if you prefer; then bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- STEP 7Leave to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before digging in. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a drizzle of honey, or just straight and warm from the pan.