Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
European breakfast crepes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 to 6 crepes depending on size of pan
This recipe makes breakfast crepes like the ones I fell in love with at Hotel Cubo in Ljubljana, Slovenia! They melt in your mouth.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I used 2 %)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Extra butter or oil to coat frying pan
- STEP 1I place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (time will vary with blenders-I use a Vitamix) This makes for a silky smooth batter, easy to pour into the frying pan from the blending canister and quick clean up!
- STEP 2Heat your pan of choice, my prefered heat on my stove is just under medium heat. Add a bit of butter or oil and pick the pan up to swirl and coat the entire pan and slightly up the side of the pan for easy flipping. I use butter and it will slightly smoke before I pick the pan up to swirl and coat. This to me is perfect.
- STEP 3Pour the batter into your pan to almost cover the bottom and then pick the pan up to swirl the batter to make a perfect circle out to all edges of the pan. You do not want the batter too thick in the pan for a crepe.
- STEP 4Cook until the edges are slightly golden and the center is set, the underside of the crepe should have golden areas. Flip and cook until golden on the underside.
- STEP 5For folded presentation, fold crepe in half and the half again. Coat pan with butter or oil before cooking each crepe.