Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
potato and leek soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
a nice hearty healthy meal for all the family
- 4 Medium sized potato's
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 1 Onion
- 2/3 Chicken stock pots
- ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- STEP 1Peel your carrots and onions and garlic clove and cut into 1 cm thick chunks, also cut your leek into 1 cm chunks this takes no peeling. Peel and cut your potato's in to 1 cm thick chunks and place in a separate from the other ingredients.
- STEP 2on a high heat place the olive oil and chopped garlic in the pan and let it sweat before placing the carrots,onions and leeks in the pan and leave on the heat for 10 -15 mins or until the onion has gone translucent or till the leeks have started to turn in color.
- STEP 3whilst the vegetables cook take another pan and boil 1.5 liters of water and add 2/3 chicken stock pots until dissolved. once the vegetables are ready and the stock pot is ready pour its over the vegetables and add the potato's and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Once you have brought it to the boil bring the heat right down low and leave to simmer for 15 minutes once off the heat add salt and ground black pepper to taste. You can then either serve as is or my personal preference is to use and hand blender and blend it right down so its smooth.