- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 hours to set
- Makes 16
When it come to the perfect accompaniment to go with a good cup of coffee nothing quite comes close to homemade rocky road. Rich, gooey, dark chocolate, soft, fluffy marshmallow and crunchy biscuit all bound together to make a perfect treat to go with your coffee. This recipe only takes minutes to make, looks and taste great, but then the down side to the recipe, you need to leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours to set before you can eat it. Whist it is chilling it torments you with the anticipation of the pleasure that will come when the eating starts. This is one recipe that has to be made at home, the beauty of it is that you can put anything you like in it, I have not only put marshmallows and biscuits in mine but also maltesers and popping candy (the big kid in me), but if you like jelly babies then add them or fancy some jelly beans, go ahead!!! The list of ingredients is really up to you but this is what I put in mine.
- 300g 72% coco solid dark chocolate broken into small peices
- 125g butter
- 3 tblsp golden syrup
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 150g rich tea biscuits
- 1 bag maltesers
- 15g popping candy
- STEP 1Melt the butter and syrup together in a large pan, turn off the heat then add the dark chocolate and stir with a spatula until all the chocolate has melted into the butter.
- STEP 2Take 1/3 of the mixture and set to one side. Allow the the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes then crumble up the biscuits in your hands so that you have a variety of sizes to go in the mixture. Add them into the chocolate mix along with the marshmallow, maltesers and popping candy and mix until all the ingredients are coated.
- STEP 3Now scrape the contents of the pan into a lined square cake tin and level off. Pour over the top the rest of the chocolate mixture that you set aside and place the mix in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- STEP 4Once set cut them to the size that you want and dust with a little icing sugar.