White chocolate rocky road
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus at least 2 hrs chilling
- Makes 16 squares
- 80g butter, plus extra for the tin
- 450g white chocolate, broken into chunks
- 200g custard creams, broken into quarters
- 50g shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 75g dried cherries
- 150g pink and white marshmallows (ensure vegetarian, if needed)
- 40g white chocolate jazzies
- 1 tsp sprinkles of your choice
- STEP 1
Butter a 20 x 5cm deep square baking tray and line with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir occasionally until fully melted and smooth.
- STEP 2
Mix the custard creams, pistachios, dried cherries and marshmallows into the melted chocolate mixture, reserving a little of each to decorate later, until evenly coated. Tip the rocky road mixture into the prepared tray, smooth the surface with the back of a wooden spoon, then poke the reserved ingredients and jazzies into the top and scatter with the sprinkles. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hrs until firm, or overnight.
- STEP 3
Run a sharp kitchen knife under a hot tap, wipe dry, then cut the rocky road into 16 squares. Will keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.