Gram Flour Flatbreads
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A perfect gluten free alternative to normal wraps: these herbed & garlic pancakes are brilliant with any savoury filling.
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup gluten free bread flour
- 1 cup Gram (or chickpea flour)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and microplaned
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Maldon salt
- Good grinding black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon, and juice of half
- 2 cups tepid water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Groundnut oil for frying
- STEP 1Mix all of the ingredients together (except the groundnut oil) using a whisk: whisk well, for about a minute.
- STEP 2Heat a teaspoon of groundnut oil in a non stick frying pan. Place a ladleful of the batter into the pan, and swirl it about, as you would do for pancakes: make sure the batter has covered the bottom of the pan. Cook on a medium to high heat for 4-5 minutes, then flip over, and cook for 4 minutes on the other side.
- STEP 3Keep the Flatbreads warm while you finish making the others: I use baking parchment to rest the cooked flatbreads on. Serve immediately: if you are going to keep them, or freeze them for use later, please ensure you heat them properly in a frying pan again before serving.
- STEP 4Serve with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, or any other similar fillings.