Thai red curry paste/base
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 125ml of paste (8 table spoons)
- 4 red chillies
- 4 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbs of parika
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 3 shalotts
- 3 stems of lemon grass
- handfull of chopped fresh corriander
- sprinkle of dried chilly flakes
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- STEP 1half the chillies, discard the seeds, then chop finely.
- STEP 2Over a medium heat in a medium frying pan, toast the cumin and coriander. Once roasted crush or blitz in to a powder.
- STEP 3Finally, tip all the other ingredients into the food processer then blitz into a coarse paste.
- STEP 4It freezes well and will keep for up to two months.