Salted Caramel & Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 16
These brownies are seriously addictive!
- 185g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 1/2 (half) tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 260g golden caster sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 65g ground almonds
- 50g chopped pecan nuts
- 50g chocolate chunks
- 1 jar salted caramel
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 145 C. Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- STEP 2Melt butter in large saucepan. Take it off the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate and sea salt. Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
- STEP 3In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and creamy. Stir in the vanilla extract, followed by the cooled chocolate mixture.
- STEP 4Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the wet ingredients, add the ground almonds and fold until smooth. Finally fold in the chopped nuts and chocolate chunks.
- STEP 5Add half the mixture to the brownie tin and smooth over surface until flat and even. Pipe the salted caramel in thick lines over the batter and then pour the remaining brownie mixture over the salted caramel. Smooth the surface and bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares. I find it best putting them in the fridge overnight prior to cutting them into squares.