Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cheesy 'Fish Pie' Twice baked potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A twist on the American twice baked potato- these are stuffed with a sumptuous smoked fish and prawn cheesy filling.
- 2 very large baking potatoes
- 4 spring onions- chopped (green part too)
- 50g butter
- 60ml cream or creme fraiche
- salt & pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 150g small cooked prawns
- 2 x smoked haddock fillets, cooked (approx 220g)
- 150g grated mature cheddar
- 150g cooked wilted spinach (can use frozen)
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celcius. Cook your potatoes- (I usually do this part in the microwave for about 13 mins, then 5 mins in the oven). Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Scoop out the flesh into a large bowl- being careful not to break the skins. Mash the potato with the butter, cream, season with a good pinch of nutmeg, salt & pepper.
- STEP 3Chop the wilted spinach and fold that through, along with the prawns. Flake in the cooked smoked fish. Add half of the grated cheese and the chopped spring onions. Mix together.
- STEP 4Spoon the mixture back into the potato skin shells, patting down and creating a dome. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for approx 15 mins until golden and bubbling, and skins are super crispy. Serve with a green salad or vegetables.