Traditional Hummus - Vegan!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 small container
Hummus is a traditional Middle Eastern dish made of chickpeas. I love hummus because it is vegan, very healthy and can be used as a dip for appetizers but can also eaten as part of a lunch or dinner recipe. For this recipe I used homemade tahini. Making tahini is very simple, all you need are roasted sesame seeds, olive oil and salt. I used 6 tbs. for 1/2 cup sesame seeds. You just put all the ingredients in your blender and mix. Of course you can also use store bought tahini. Read more on my blog: theartoflovingfood.blogspot.com
- 200 gr./ 7 oz. chickpeas from a can, drained and washed.
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs. tahini
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Any spices you like
- Water to make the consistency more liquid
- STEP 1Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- STEP 2Add as much water as needed to make your hummus the consistency you like.
- STEP 3Put in a container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.