Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Christmas parsley sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Creamy parsley sauce
- 20g butter
- 20g plain flour
- 175ml whole milk
- Handful of flat leaf parsley chopped
- 50ml double cream
- Lemon juice to taste
- A good grating of nutmeg
- STEP 1Melt butter in a small saucepan,then add the flour and stir well. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in the milk and 75ml of the strained liquor from the gammon.
- STEP 2Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring every so often. The sauce should be fairly thick.
- STEP 3Stir the chopped parsley, cream and a squeeze of lemon juice into the sauce and then season with nutmef