Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spinach and lemon risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A creamy risotto mix with spinach and lemon. Perfect for a quick meal packed with taste!
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 125g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 500g baby spinach
- chopped grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 125g parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (season to taste)
- grated lemon rind, to garnish
- STEP 1Heat the stock in a saucepan to a gentle simmer
- STEP 2Melt 50g of butter and the olive oil in a saucepan, add the shallots and sauté for 3 minutes
- STEP 3Add the rice and stir well to coat the grains thoroughly with butter and oil. Add a ladleful of stock, enough to cover the rice, and stir well. Simmer gently and continue to stir as frequently as possible, adding more stock as each ladleful is absorbed.
- STEP 4Before you add the last of the stock, stir in the chopped spinach, lemon rind and juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Increase the heat, stir well then add the remaining stock and butter. Cook for a few minutes, then add half the parmesan and mix well. Serve garnished with the remaining parmesan and extra lemon rind.