Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4
Heavenly chocolate puddings that melt on the plate and on the tongue! Best served as soon as they come out of the oven, so I would advise to not prepare ahead, otherwise they aren't as gooey and chocolatey!
- 100g milk chocolate, broken up
- 50g / 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 75 g / 3 oz golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 4 tbsp single cream
- STEP 1Melt the chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure that the water does not touch the bowl. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, 50g/2oz of the golden caster sugar, the egg yolks and cream. Beat until smooth.
- STEP 2Preheat the oven to 160/Gas mark 3. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, 50g/2oz of the golden caster sugar, the egg yolks and cream. Beat until smooth.
- STEP 3Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until form soft peaks, then add the sugar and whisk again. Use a metal spoon to fold in the chocolate mixture.
- STEP 4Spoon the mixture into 4, small ovenproof ramekins. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until a slight crust has formed over the surface. Serve with raspberries or dust with icing sugar.