Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Add 30 minutes to rest the dough
- Makes 1 loaf
A very quick and simple Italian-inspired bread; bringing together olive oil and oregano
- 375g strong bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (tsps) instant/dried yeast (I use Allinson's)
- 2 tablespoons (tbs) olive oil
- 80mls boiled water and 160mls cold water
- 2 teaspoons (tsps) crushed/ground oregano
- STEP 1Combine the flour and yeast together in a large bowl, mixing with a large wooden fork (preferable)
- STEP 2Make a well and pour in the boiled water and olive oil, then quickly blend together the mixture from the outside, in
- STEP 3Bind together until a relatively wet but combined dough and then take out of bowl, to knead on to a lightly-floured surface
- STEP 4Once smooth, shape in to a thick cylinder and place in to a small, pre-oiled loaf tin and bake in a pre-heated oven (200 degrees C; fan) for 30 minutes.