Chorizo and leek risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
A hearty risotto for a cold night in.
- 20g butter or margarine
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 250g aborio risotto rice
- 120ml white wine
- 1l of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 190g chorizo, sliced into bit sized pieces
- 100g parmeasan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Melt the butter or margarine into a wok and let it melt. Then add the onion and garlic and cook until softened and the onion is a little browned.
- STEP 2Add the olive oil and then the risotto rice, stirring until the rice goes a little clear. Then add the wine and cook until it reduces, stirring occasionally. During this time get your stock ready by putting it in a sauce-pan and keeping it on the hob, just a little lower than the wok.
- STEP 3Add a ladle of stock to the wok, stirring. Add the leeks and chorizo, and then more stock. Whenever the rice has soaked up the majority of the stock add some more stock, ensuring your stir consistently and frequently.
- STEP 4Do this for about 25 minutes. Check the rice is cooked before finally adding the grated cheese and then serving.