Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
This couscous can be served warm or cold and is excellent with poached salmon. I often serve it as part of a buffet. This serves eight but as part of a buffet, 12-15 portions.
- 500 g couscous and 500 ml water
- 4 T olive oil
- Zest of 2 organic lemons
- Salt to taste
- 4 shallots (or a red onion)
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 T butter
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 500 g frozen leaf spinach
- 4 T crème fraîche
- 2 T chopped fresh coriander
- Pepper to taste
- 1-2 T lemon juice to taste
- STEP 1Boil water, add couscous and set aside to soak for three minutes (or follow package directions). Add olive oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Set aside.
- STEP 2Melt the butter, add finely chopped garlic, shallots or red onion and sweat until translucent. Do not let them brown because this will spoil the flavour of the dish.
- STEP 3Defrost the spinach in the vegetable stock (cook off if too much liquid). Add crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 4Combine couscous and spinach. Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper to taste and a little lemon juice . Strew chopped coriander or flat leaved parsley over the top.