1) Cook the rhubarb until soft but holds its shape and allow to cool. Whilst you are waiting for that to cool you can roll your pastry out and shape it to your baking tray, make sure you butter your tin well and blind bake until firm
2) Put your cream and deseeded vanilla pods into a sauce pan and place on a low heat do not allow to boil.
3) Crack your eggs and separate the yolks from the whites and whisk the yolks till smooth and add them to your cream but when adding the eggs you must mix the cream as you are adding them or they will split.
4) Once you have got your base out of the oven pour your mix not quite to the top and put back into the oven at 180 c for 30-40 minutes or until it is a firm wobble.
5) When it is cooked allow to cool and decorate with the cooked rhubarb.