- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Low calorie soup. Number of serving will vary if being served as a starter or a lunch.
- 1 large white onion - chopped
- 2 stock cubes
- 150g asparagus (about 12 short spears)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chilli
- 1 tbls Creme Fraiche
- STEP 1Chop the onions and add to a 2/3 pint pan with some low calorie oil and fry gently for 2/3 minutes. Add half a cup of hot water and 2 stock cubes and stir until stock cubes have dissolved.
- STEP 2Cut asparagus into 1 inch lengths, add to the pan and stir until beginning to soften then add 1 and 1/2 pints of hot water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Turn up the heat and add approx 1 cup of frozen peas, chilli and ginger. Bring back to the boill and then simmer for 3/4 minutes.
- STEP 4Check seasoning, add salt and pepper to taste then remove from the heat and blend to a smooth consistency. Stir in a large spoonful of creme fraiche and serve.