Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lemon Drizzle Loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- 5-10 minutes for drizzle topping
- Makes 2lb loaf
Lemon Drizzle Loaf, easy quick and brilliant recipe
- 115g - Soft Unsalted Butter
- 170g - Caster Sugar
- 170g - Self Raising Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 tbsp - Full Fat Milk
- 1 - Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 115g - Icing Sugar
- STEP 1Pre-heat your oven to 175 fan assist (GM 5, 345f) and grease a 2lb loaf tin or line with grease proof paper
- STEP 2Cream the Butter & Sugar together in a bowl.
- STEP 3Once creamed, add 1 Egg at a time, along with 1 tablespoon of flour to prevent curdling.
- STEP 4Add the zest of 1 lemon to the mix, along with the rest of the flour and the milk.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- STEP 65-10 minutes before your cake is ready - place the juice of your lemon along with the icing sugar in a pan on a medium heat hob and stir until the mixture thickens slightly.
- STEP 7When the cake is removed from the oven, poke small holes all over with a skewer or small knife.
- STEP 8Drizzle the pan mixture all over the cake evenly - this may look like too much, however the cake will absorb it.