Orange Chocolate Brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 9 large Brownies
Recipe will make either 9 large or 16 small brownies.
- 115g/4oz Dark Orange Chocolate, break into pieces
- 115g/4oz Butter (+ extra for greasing tin)
- 300g/10.5oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1stp Vanilla Extract
- 140g/5oz Plain Flour
- 2tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 100g/3.5oz Milk Chocolate Chips
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C/350F Grease the edges and base of 20cm/8inch sqaure baking tin
- STEP 2Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl, and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted before removing from heat.
- STEP 3In a seperate bowl mix the sugar, eggs and beat until well blended. Then mix in the vanilla extract.
- STEP 4Add the melted chocolate into the the sugar and egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- STEP 5Next, sift in the flour and cocoa powder and beat until smooth, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- STEP 6Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake in the pre heated over for 35-40 mintues.
- STEP 7Leave to cool slightly before removing from tin