Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten-free Sweet Potato, Chilli and Chorizo Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This robust soup is packed with lots of flavour and a hint of chilli too. This recipe can be adapted to use butternut squash instead of sweet potato if you prefer. Serve with warmed gluten-free wholegrain bread rolls or ciabatta.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ ltrs / 50fl oz gluten-free chicken stock
- 150g / 5oz gluten-free chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 rashers smoked bacon, sliced
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper, to season
- Coriander, to decorate
- STEP 1Gently sauté the carrots and onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for approximately 10 minutes or until they start to soften. Then add the garlic and half the red chilli and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the sweet potato, chicken stock, chorizo and smoked bacon and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until all the vegetables have softened.
- STEP 3Finally add the parsley, rosemary and smoked paprika and stir until evenly distributed. Once the sweet potato has started to break down season with black pepper.
- STEP 4Using a hand blender, pulse until the soup is smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup add water accordingly. Serve immediately in warmed bowls and garnish with the remaining red chilli and coriander.