Apple Plum & Ginger Chutney
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 5 - 6 Jars
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3 tablepoons Grated Fresh Root Ginger
- 1 Cinammon Stick
- 1 Kg Bramley apples weighed when peeled and cored. (Chopped small)
- 500ml Cider or White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Kg Yellow Plums weighed when stoned and quartered
- 140g dried chopped apricots
- 450g Golden caster sugar
- STEP 1Chop the onion finely, crush or grate garlic and put into a large saucepan or preserving pan with the Ginger, cinnamon and apples. Add vinegar and salt.
- STEP 2Bring to the boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until the apples are cooked and pulpy.
- STEP 3Meanwhile stone and quarter the Plums, when the apples are ready add the Plums, Sugar and Dried Apricots to the pan. Bubble gently uncovered for 40 minutes to an hour.
- STEP 4Remove cinnamon stick and ladle into sterilised jars