- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-16 falafel depending on size!
A slight twist on traditional falafel, using raisins, dates and basil. Low fat too if you decide not to fry.
- Half an onion, roughly chopped
- 440g can of chickpeas (drained)
- Bunch of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of corn meal or masa harina
- 1 large garlic clove
- small handful of raisins
- small handful of dried dates
- small handful of cashew nuts
- breadcrumbs or ground nuts for coating
- STEP 1Blend all ingredients (except bread crumbs) until you have a thick mixture. Add a little water if you need to bring the mixture together.
- STEP 2Pre-heat oven to 200c. Warm a tray with some oil.
- STEP 3Form mixture into 12-16 balls, and roast for 40 minutes. (You could make into patties and shallow fry).