Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- leave in tin to cool overnight
- More effort
- Serves 4
a light and fluffy cake with fresh cream with a twist rollded and ready to eat!
- 4 egg whites
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- two tablespoons icing sugar
- two tablespoons toasted almonds
- STEP 1Whisk the egg whites until stiff, add the sugar 1 tsp at a time until all the sugar is added. Fold in the vanilla essence and cornflour. Prepare a Swss Roll tin with baking parchment. Spread the meringue mixture in the Swiss Roll tin.
- STEP 2Bake at 300* for 10 mins, then turn oven down to 200* for 20 minutes Leave roulade in the tin overnight to cool. Place a sheet of greaseproof paper over a damp teatowel, and dredge the paper with icing sugar.
- STEP 3Turn roulade onto paper. Whip the cream until thick, and spread over the roulade. Sprinkle the rasberries over the cream. Roll up the roulade ( lengethwise ) with the aid of the paper. Place on serving dish and sprinkle with the icing sugar.
- STEP 4decorate with toasted almonds