Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pepper beef roast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Marinating can depend on how long you wanna keep the beef
- Serves 4
A lovely pepper beef roast to have with mashed potatos ..
- 1kg beef (cut in slices if you want to make it into steaks)
- 30-35 gms freshly ground black pepper
- 15ml vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Oil as per requirement
- 20gms ginger-garlic paste
- STEP 1In a large bowl add the beef, pepper, vinegar, salt and ginger garlic paste marinate it for 8hours. (You can choose to keep it for however long you want to. I keep it over night wiz 8 hours)
- STEP 2In a pan heat the required amount of oil and fry the beef slices till it's brown. Toss all the pieces and the remaining juice that is left from the marinated mix into a pressure cooker and and pressure cook it on high flame till the first whistle . Continue to pressure cook it on low flame after the 1st whistle for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Open the cooker and dry all the gravy that is left over till the beef has a dark brown coat on it . Your beef roast is ready to eat!!
- STEP 4Serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli