Macaroni and Cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 175g dried macaroni or 200g of fresh macaroni
- 50g butter or margarine
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml of milk
- 1tsp mustard paste
- 175g grated cheddar cheese
- 25g grated cheddar cheese
- STEP 1heat oven to 180 C. Turn on stove. weigh macaroni. read the instructions on the packet and cook it for the time it says. Drain it.
- STEP 2to make the sauce melt the margarine or butter is a pan over a low heat. stir in the flour and cook and stir for 1 min.
- STEP 3take your pan off the heat and add a little milk. Stir it really well. carry on stirring in the rest of the milk a little at a time.
- STEP 4turn your pan to the heat and start to bring to boil, stirring all the time. the sauce will stick if you don't stir.
- STEP 5The sauce will begin to thicken. let the sauce bubble for a minute then turn it off the heat. Stir in the mustard and cheese.
- STEP 6Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni. Stir it in so well that the sauce coats all macaroni pieces.
- STEP 7dip some paper towel in some margarine and rub it inside an ovenproof dish to grease it. pour in the cheesy macaroni.
- STEP 8sprinkle grated cheese on top. put the dish in the oven for about 25 min or until the top is golden brown.