Veslemoy's Pepper Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a warming and spicy soup that always makes happy visitors to my home. It's not for the faint hearted but if you like full blown flavours and heat from spices then its a sure hit.
- 6 Red Peppers
- Butter for frying
- 0.5l Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbs Tomato pure
- 1 Deseeded Red Chilli
- 2 tsp Black pepper corns
- 2 tsp Green pepper corns
- 2 tsp Pink (Rose) Pepper Corn
- Dash of Tabasco
- Hot Chilli Powder to taste
- 220 gr Beef Mince fried and drained (Optional)
- 375ml Single Cream
- STEP 1Clean and roughly cut the peppers into slices, fry them with the deseeded chilli directly in your soup pot in butter on medium high heat until softened. Add the stock and tomato pure. Let boil for 10 minutes on low heat. Meanwhile, cook the mince, drain it and set aside.
- STEP 2Take the different pepper corns and crush them finely with a pestle and mortar. Add to the soup with the rest of the spices. Run the soup through a blender until smooth.
- STEP 3Add the mince to the soup and top up with the cream reserving a cpl of tablespoons. Slowly boil the soup for a further 5 minutes. Add more chilli powder if you want a spicier soup. Season with salt. Drizzle the remaining cream on top of the soup.