Delicious sweet potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A quick and easy, delicious soup that's warming and filling. Makes a great healthy meal!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large sweet potato, in 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium potato, in 1 inch chunks
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups hot water
- STEP 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan, taking care not to let it brown.
- STEP 2Add celery and sweat for a few seconds.
- STEP 3Add cumin seeds and stir until fragrant.
- STEP 4Add sweet potato and potato chunks.
- STEP 5Season with salt and pepper. Stir and allow to sweat without browning for a minute or two.
- STEP 6Add water. Cover and bring to the boil.
- STEP 7Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- STEP 8Mash or blend and serve hot with crusty wholemeal bread. Bon Appétit!