Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
White Chocolate and Strawberry Tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- 5 mins to decorate
- More effort
- Serves 8
This amazing tart is a cheap and tastier version of a cheesecake. With fresh strawberries its a dish for everyone.
- 200g Shortbread Biscuits
- 50g Melted Butter
- 2 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300g White Chocolate
- 300ml Double Cream
- 250g Light Soft Cheese
- 85g Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Strawberry Essence (or similar)
- STEP 1Break biscuits into the food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Brush some butter over the base and sides of a deep 20cm flan tin. Put the remaining butter into the crumbs. Spoon into the flan tin, then press over the base and sides. Chill while you make the filling.
- STEP 2Put the gelatine in a bowl, cover with cold water, then leave to soften for 10 mins. Break up chocolate and put in a heatproof bowl with 100ml of the double cream. Stand over a pan of simmering water, then leave until melted, stirring occasionally. Squeeze water out of the gelatine, then stir into chocolate mix. Take off the heat and stir until dissolved.
- STEP 3Beat the soft cheese and sugar together. Whisk remaining cream until stiff, then fold into the cheese. Fold in the chocolate.
- STEP 4Shave some white chocolate curls, then pile up in the centre of the cheesecake and serve. Cut strawberries into quarters and place them on top as well.