Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fruit and marshmallow tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 hour in fridge (approx)
- Serves 8
Quick and easy recipe which is not as sweet as it sounds, and always a hit for a dinner party!
- Ginger biscuits
- Margarine or butter
- Tinned fruit of your choice (apricot, pear and peach are lovely)
- 2-3 other fruits of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, banana all have been tested)
- 500ml single cream
- Bag of marshmallows
- Chocolate (to grate on top)
- STEP 1Make a biscuit base with the ginger biscuits and margarine (use enough to cover the base of your chosen dish) - crush biscuits and mix with melted margarine / butter then press into the dish
- STEP 2Drain the tinned fruit and keep the juice / syrup.
- STEP 3Fill the biscuit base with the tinned fruit and fresh fruit - the amount of fruit depends on your taste. Either just put a base of fruit or fill the dish until the fruit is level with the top of the dish (ie the cream mixture with only just cover the fruit)
- STEP 4Heat the cream very slowly in a sauce pan and add the syrup from the tinned fruit. Add marshmallows to your taste. Keep mixing as the marshmallows melt. Add more until you reach the sweetness that you like.
- STEP 5Let the cream, marshmallow mixture cool down a little and pour over the fruit.
- STEP 6Place your tart in the fridge and wait until it sets.
- STEP 7Grate chocolate before serving