Feel-good roasted squash and halloumi quinoa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A healthy lunch or supper recipe bursting with flavour and colour.
- 1 large butternut squash, skin removed
- 500g halloumi cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Large pinch of chilli flakes
- Large pinch of cinammon
- 200g quinoa
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 head of broccoli florets
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 180C. Chop the butternut squash into 5cm chunks and place in a baking tin. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the chilli flakes and cinammon (to taste). Cut the halloumi into eight slices, drizzle with olive oil and add to the baking tray. Roast for 25 minutes, or until the squash and cheese are browned.
- STEP 2Bring the vegetable stock to the boil and add the quinoa. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, ensuring it doesn't dry out too much. Avoid stirring as this may break up the grain.
- STEP 3Break the head of broccoli into small florets and steam for 5-6 minutes, or until softened enough to pierce with a fork.
- STEP 4Chop the tomatoes and peppers into very small pieces. Juice the lemon. Mix the tomatoes, peppers and lemon juice with the quinoa and then throw the broccoli, squash and halloumi on top.