Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Best fluffy basmati rice ever
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
What is so difficult about cooking rice, one might say! I have got a fool-proof microwave rice recipe to make the perfect fluffy rice each time.
- Rice - 2 cups, I use basmati rice
- Tap water - 4 1/4 cups
- Oil / Butter / Ghee - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- STEP 1Add all the ingredients in a microwavable pot and cook for 20 minutes on full power.
- STEP 2Once the 20 minutes is over use a fork to fluff up your rice.
- STEP 3For best results cover with a tight lid and stand for a further 5 mts.
- STEP 4Best served ASAP.
- STEP 5If you are using it after it has been cooled down or been in refrigerator, add a sprinkle of water before microwaving again.
- STEP 6For best results, wash ur rice in running tap water prior to cooking to remove extra starch
- STEP 7Flavour up ur rice with anything at all - left over chick pea curry, masala of egg masala, some frozen veg( plus more salt), or anything that u might fancy.
- STEP 8Watch this blog at www.kukskitchen.blogspot.co.uk for more easy rice based recipes.