Tomato and mushroom spaghetti with black cod and capers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
The perfect end for summer, this pasta dish brings usual pasta ingredients together with fish for the perfect light meal that you want to share with your friends!
- 100g black cod
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 2 fat cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary, leafs finely chopped
- 300g mushrooms, quartered
- 50ml mirin or any sweet wine and a shot of sake (optional)
- 3 tbsp butter
- Less than 100ml water
- 300g spaghetti or tagliatelle
- a couple leafs of sage
- 1 tablespoon of capers, rinsed
- half of banana shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- STEP 1Place a large pot of salted water for the pasta on medium heat. Fry the mushroom with chopped sage leafs in 2tbsp of oil for 2 minutes on high heat. Add 2 tbsp of butter and brown the mushrooms for a beautiful color. Remove and strain excess fat. Keep until sauce is ready.
- STEP 2Cube the tomatoes and remove excess juice. You can peal them beforehand if you want. Saute the chopped banana shallot for 2 minutes on medium heat with the finely chopped rosemary and finely chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. It's important to have some caramelisation on the onion. Add the chopped tomatoes and oyster sauce and bring the heat to high and stir for 1 minute. Add the mirin or sweet wine and the sake and evaporate the alcohol. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, but not too much since we will add capers at the end.
- STEP 3By the time the sauce is reducing the water for the pasta should be boiling. Add the pasta and cook until aldente, one minute less than the package instructions. Meanwhile place the mushrooms in the sauce and continue simmering for 4 minutes.
- STEP 4Chop the black cod into chunky cubes and season with salt and pepper. Add them to the sauce in the last 4 minutes together with the rinsed capers and simmer on low heat. If the sauce is too thick add some of the reserved water and simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- STEP 5Stir the pasta in the sauce well with one tablespoon of butter and serve with a bit of grated parmesan and some chopped basil if you'd like. Bon Apetito!