Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour marinating in fridge, 20 mins prep
- More effort
- Serves 4
Fantastic all natural home made burgers
500g mince beef (get 80% lean beef and 20% fat - burgers need the fat for flavour and to help bind them)
- Half an onion (red is best but normal is fine) chopped very fine
- One whole egg beaten up
3 tspn California Rancher Rump Rub Seasoning
- Good slug of worcester sauce (about a tablespoonful)
- Good slug of oyster sauce
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- STEP 1Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well with your hands
- STEP 2Place in the fridge for an hour to firm up and allow the flavours to develop
- STEP 3Divide into four and make into burger patties. Push your thumb gently into the centre of your burger before it goes on the grill. This will compensate for the burger wanting to ball-up as it cooks and you'll end up with a nice flat burger.
- STEP 4Place burgers on a really hot, oiled grill and leave them for 4-5 mins. Flip them over and just leave them again for another 4-5 mins. Don't fiddle.
- STEP 5Serve with sliced gherkins, thinly sliced cheese, tomato relish, lettuce, Oaky & Smoky BBQ Sauce and mayo on BBQ toasted sesame seed buns.