- STEP 1
1. Place a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat and add 1 spoon of oil
- STEP 2
2. Season the beef well and place into the pan and leave to cook for 3 minutes. Once it’s in, leave it.
- STEP 3
3. Turn the beef and cook for another 3 minutes
- STEP 4
4. Add the carrot, pepper, celery, onion and garlic and chilli along with the remaining oil.
- STEP 5
5. Turn the heat down and fry for 4-5 minutes
- STEP 6
6. Add the Tomato puree and cook for 1 more minute
- STEP 7
7. Add the tinned tomatoes and beef stock.
- STEP 8
8. Stir in a good glug of red wine and the parmesan rind.
- STEP 9
9. Turn the heat down to the lowest setting, season and leave covered to gently bubble for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally until the beef is easily broken with the back of your wooden spoon.
- STEP 10
10. Bring 2-3 litres of salted water to the boil and cook your pasta according to the instructions reserving a cup full of pasta water when draining.
- STEP 11
11. Take the ragù off the heat and add your pasta. Add a little of the reserved water to loosen the mix.
- STEP 12
12. Serve hot with freshly grated parmesan.