Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Ultimate Bolognese Ragu
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
This is an easy one pot, leave it alone, dish for those lazy sundays.
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Stick of Celery, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Puree
- 2 Tins of Plum Tomatoes
- 300 ml Beef Stock
- Glug of Red Wine
- 350-400g Shin Beef
- 1 Small Chilli (optional)
- Parmesan Rind (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 350g of Paparadelle
- STEP 11. Place a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat and add 1 spoon of oil
- STEP 22. Season the beef well and place into the pan and leave to cook for 3 minutes. Once it’s in, leave it.
- STEP 33. Turn the beef and cook for another 3 minutes
- STEP 44. Add the carrot, pepper, celery, onion and garlic and chilli along with the remaining oil.
- STEP 55. Turn the heat down and fry for 4-5 minutes
- STEP 66. Add the Tomato puree and cook for 1 more minute
- STEP 77. Add the tinned tomatoes and beef stock.
- STEP 88. Stir in a good glug of red wine and the parmesan rind.
- STEP 99. Turn the heat down to the lowest setting, season and leave covered to gently bubble for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally until the beef is easily broken with the back of your wooden spoon.
- STEP 1010. Bring 2-3 litres of salted water to the boil and cook your pasta according to the instructions reserving a cup full of pasta water when draining.
- STEP 1111. Take the ragù off the heat and add your pasta. Add a little of the reserved water to loosen the mix.
- STEP 1212. Serve hot with freshly grated parmesan.